God of War Chains of Olympus

Friday, December 18, 2009

God of War Chains of Olympus

God of War Chains of Olympus

By blackaciddevil (in the USA somewhere.....) - reviews



Sad but true, I've never played God of War before. I've heard so much about the game and, considering it has David Jaffe's involvement in its' history, you'd think I'd have already played it. Alas, I haven't. Yet, I see the commercial on tv for this game and hear rantin' & ravin' from my friends about the game, I decide to get the PSP installment. Man (or Woman, whatever the case may be..;)), I was missing out on this for this long?? This game blew me away. It's exciting, addictive and challenging. God of War: Chains of Olympus is simply put 'the best looking title' on the system, bar none, yet. I've never seen graphics look quite this good on the system. Honestly. If graphics can get any better than this on the PSP, I'll be amazed. The environments were simply breathtaking, nothing like I've seen before. Course, Ready At Dawn made Daxter visually appealing for its' time.


For an action game, this game truly delivers. Especially where the story is concerned. Makes me wish some developers would make portable versions of some of my favorite games(like Shadowman, Bloodrayne, Legacy of Kain or Devil May Cry).


There's plenty of bonus content in the game that makes playing through a few times more appealing but I have a problem with the game's length. It is just too short for this kind of game. I managed to get through it in a little over 8 hours. It is, however, a portable game so I have to take that into account. Memory restrictions and whatnot, withstanding, it should be understood.


God of War: Chains of Olympus is a remarkable achievement on the PSP. It's a 'must-have' purchase for all owners of a PSP. This game just goes to prove that Ready At Dawn is a force to be reckoned with in the handheld world. I'm expecting great things from this bunch on their next game.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Playstation Portable

Custom Search